TITLE: Summer Teaching Artist Assistant
DEPARTMENT: School of the Performing Arts
REPORTS TO: Senior Education Programs Manager, Michael Gatzendorfer
The School of the Performing Arts is looking for a Summer Education Assistant. Candidates must be a highly knowledgeable ambassador for the School of the Performing Arts summer programs and have a dedication to Arts in Education. Candidate must possess excellent organization and communication skills and an understanding of marketing. The ability to co-teach and run activities for 7-19 years old in theatre arts or film/media is a plus. Candidates with a combination of education and experience in theatre, theatre education, and marketing are ideal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary objective is to work with Managers to coordinate and implement the School of the Performing Arts, summer programs. Some travel may be required.
* Assist organization of summer School of the Performing Arts interns.
* Set-up a meet and greet day for summer faculty and interns.
* Be comfortable working with and co-teaching 7 -19 years old in theatre arts or film/media.
* Help with an end-of-course evaluation of each summer program.
* Additional duties as assigned
* In-process of obtaining or has an associate?s or bachelor?s degree in theatre or arts-related field.
* Classroom management or group activity coordination experience a plus.
* Must be dependable and self-motivated.
* Must have a professional demeanor and appearance.
* Must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
* Must be a team player that can work well with others.
* Must possess strong verbal and written skills.
Period of Employment: July 6 – August 14: full time, 8:30 am ? 5 pm | M-F
Compensation Details: Based on experience, hourly.
Please submit a resume and cover letter noting your professional experience as an actor and/or teacher with age range of students along with two references. No phone calls, please. Proctors is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply on-line in our Career Center: