The School of the Performing Arts at Proctors
TITLE: Production Stage Manager / Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Youth Programs Director/Show Director
The School of the Performing Arts at Proctors is seeking an experienced stage manager for the summer of 2018 Broadway Camp Mainstage production of the Elton John/Tim Rice musical, AIDA. Broadway Camp consists of classes, workshops and rehearsal and will be performed with a student orchestra, cast and crew of over 50 high school students from throughout the Capital Region in collaboration between Proctors and Capital Repertory Theatre.
* Stage Manager
* Experience with large full-scale musicals
* Experience with large cast
* Multi-tasking and creating schedules
* Coordination and running of rehearsals
* Cueing and calling performances (Lights, Sound, Follow spots, fly system)
* Coordinating crews working with a combination of theater professionals from Proctors and theREP, and the integration of students from ages 14-19 with a broad range of skill levels.
* Assist with Interns as needed
* Ideally, but not necessary teaching artist experience.
* BA in Theatre/Stage Management or equivalent experience or earning degree.
* Five-week, full-time commitment commencing on July 2 and ending August 4 (4th of July, Day off).
* Must be available from July 2 to August 4, Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm
* Program runs July 9 to August 4.
* Pre-production meetings as required in person or via phone or conference call.
* Shows on August 3 and August 4 (Friday at 7 pm, and Saturday at 2 pm and 7 pm).
Deadline: April 27, 2018
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references.
No phone calls, please.
School of the Performing Arts at Proctors
Broadway Jr. Teaching Artist
The School of the Performing Arts at Proctors is seeking an acting/vocal instructor for the summer programs. Artist must be trained and have experience in professional musical theater, either on Broadway or Broadway road tours. Experience mentoring and teaching drama to 12 ? 14 year olds in a high energy, creative, fun environment that fosters self-confidence in each child, is required. Artist must be an ambassador and have a dedication to arts education.
* Artist will deliver instruction for voice and acting technique for Broadway Jr. as part of the School of The Performing Arts at Proctors.
* Artist will provide vocal and acting coaching, constructive evaluation to song and monologue cuts and ensemble performance, helping each student develop skills and techniques as individuals and as a class.
* Artist will inspire students to be creative and assist in creating an atmosphere of self-expression and self- esteem building.
* Artist will create an end of the week performance, showcasing the highlights of what the students learned throughout the week.
* Artist is responsible for supervising students at all times during the Program.
Period of Employment: July 9-13, 2018; 9am ? 4:30pm (flexibility in attached s schedule, subject to change)
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Creative Workforce Manager
432 State Street
Schenectady, NY 12305