Capital Repertory Theatre (Albany, NY) 2017-2018 Season
TYA Auditions for Alice In Wonderland
Producing Artistic Director: Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill
Chief Administrative Officer: Philip Morris
Contract Deal Points:
1. One Roundtrip Amtrak from NYC to Albany, NY
2. Private Housing in theREP’s company apartments (no sharing)
3. Weekly Salary of $585.00
4. Must join AEA Contract
5. TYA In-School Tour (no overnights)
Thursday, January 11, 2018 at Pearl Studios
Movement Call – 10am-1pm 500 8th Avenue
Lunch 1-1:30pm New York, NY 10018
Acting Call – 1:30pm-4pm
Actors interested in being seen must first submit their picture, resume, and video highlighting their skills to email@example.com
Capital Repertory Theatre will contact those they wish to see for an audition in NYC on January 11th.
All actors, Equity and Non-Equity, are welcome to submit.
All actors cast will receive an Equity Contract.
ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Adapted by Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill & Margaret E. Hall
Directed by Margaret E. Hall
Five actors take the stage in this delightfully diverse adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s classic novel. Found objects, puppetry, acrobatics and a variety of other stage magic transports Alice to a mystical land of wonder where she must make sense of a world that only – ever so slightly – resembles her own. The company members don multiple characters to help Alice work her way through Wonderland and back home.
First Rehearsal: February 15, 2018
First Performance: March 5, 2018
Closing Performance: March 29, 2018
Seeking 5 diverse, versatile, physically agile, quick study actors.
* Athletic/gymnastic/acrobatic skills a plus.
* Circus skills a plus.
* Card tricks/juggling skills a plus.
This is not a musical but all actors involved in the production need to move well.
(1) Female – Actor/Acrobat – 20s to 30s. Verbally skilled. Able to play the youthful, curious and strong-willed Alice. Cyr Wheel performers preferred.
(1) Female – Actor/Acrobats 20s to 30s. Verbally skilled. Puppetry skills a plus. Will play characters such as: Alice’s Sister, The Queen of Hearts, March Hare, The Dormouse, Garden Cards, etc.
(2) Male – Actor/Acrobat20s to 30s.. Verbally skilled. Ability to do duo acrobatic stunts a plus. Puppetry skills a plus. Will play characters such as: The White Rabbit, The King of Hearts, The Cheshire Cat, The Caterpillar, Garden Cards, etc.
(1) Male or Female – Actor/Acrobat -20s to 30s.. Verbally skilled. Magic skills (card tricks/juggling etc.) a plus. Puppetry skills a plus. Will play characters such as: The Mad Hatter, The Cheshire Cat, etc.
For more than a decade, Capital Repertory Theatre’s TYA On-The Go! in-School touring productions have been presented in a variety of schools and environments throughout the Capital Region to very diverse audiences. Actors should enjoy performing for and interacting with young audiences (middle and high school students). There are post-show discussions after every performance (time permitting). Actors must also be collegial and adaptive. There are no overnight stays on the tour. The TYA work week is Monday – Saturday.