Pittsfield, MA–Berkshire Theatre Group seeks non-equity actors for its annual community production of A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens, adapted by Eric Hill and directed by Travis Daly, running December 9 through December 22 at The Colonial Theatre in Pittsfield, MA.
BTG is seeking children (ages 9 and up) and adults to fill the roles in the annual production. Please note we will be casting up to twenty children in the production.
Auditions will take place Wednesday, October 18 from 6pm–9pm at The Colonial Theatre (111 South St. Pittsfield, MA). Auditioners should prepare one short traditional Christmas Carol to sing, and will be asked to read from the play.
Auditions are by appointment only. Please call by 413-448-8084 ext. 23 by October 16th to schedule an appointment.
Rehearsals for A Christmas Carol will begin on Sunday, November 12th and will be held after school, evenings and weekends. Rehearsals will be held in Stockbridge, MA.
Attending all rehearsals is required. The production runs December 9 through December 22 with two 10am student matinees planned. The performance schedule is as follows:
· Saturday, December 9 at 7pm (Opening)
· Sunday, December 10 at 2pm
· Tuesday, December 12 at 10am (Student Matinee)/Snow Date Thursday December 14 at 10am
· Wednesday, December 13 at 7pm (Special Community and Sensory-Friendly Performance)
· Thursday, December 14 at 7pm
· Friday, December 15 at 7pm
· Saturday, December 16 at 2pm and 7pm
· Sunday, December 17 at 2pm
· Tuesday, December 19 at 10am (Student Matinee)/Snow Date Thursday December 21 at 10am
· Wednesday, December 20 at 7pm
· Thursday, December 21 at 7pm
· Friday, December 22 at 7pm (Closing Performance)
All performances will take place at The Colonial Theatre in Pittsfield, MA.
About Berkshire Theatre Group
The Colonial Theatre, founded in 1903, and Berkshire Theatre Festival, founded in 1928, are two of the oldest cultural organizations in the Berkshires. In 2010, under the leadership of Artistic Director and CEO Kate Maguire, the two organizations merged to form Berkshire Theatre Group (BTG). Berkshire Theatre Group’s mission is to support wide ranging artistic exploration and acclaimed performances in theatre, dance, music and entertainment. Every year, BTG produces and presents performances to over 68,000 attendees and, through our Educational Program, serves over 13,000 Berkshire County schoolchildren annually. BTG’s celebrated stages reflect the history of the American theatre; they represent a priceless cultural resource for the community.